Tuesday 25 March 2014

Garden Planning - Part 2

Well the weather is slowly warming up and the snow is slowly melting but its spring in our house!
It's true! I can never wait long enough to start my garden, honestly it's a struggle not to plant things at the end of January! At that point I'm sick of winter and all I want is to get my hands in the dirt planting and seeing beautiful little green sprouts turning up.
This time I was able to wait almost long enough to start my seeds... Almost. I started them around the end of February and they have officially outgrown their planters! And it is still far to early to put them outside. Especially as I'd have to dig through a decent amount of snow to even get to the dirt!


So I have improvised some cute little planters!


That's right, Solo cups!
I'm aware their are cups you can plant right into the soil. But I didn't go that route, One because I've tried them before and they didn't biodegrade very quickly after being put in the soil and two they also leaked all over the place while they were inside.
I chose my little solo cup planters because I had a bunch leftover in the basement from a party a couple summers ago and I figure that I could easily cut them open to plant my little sprouts when the weather catches up with me.
Win/win I'd say!
What about you? Do you start seeds indoors? And do you to have to improvise when you accidentally on purpose start them to soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment