Tuesday 11 June 2013

A Late Start on my Gardening

Usually when it gets even remotely close to spring my windowsills are lined with little seedlings as I try to get a head start on gardening. But this year I had a vacation planned in the middle of May (it was wonderful!!). My sister was going to be watching the house and dog-sitting for me and I didn't want to also burden her with taking care of my garden.
So I got a bit of a late start on the gardening season but better late than never!! I did have two tomato plants that I grew from seed that survived my vacation and are doing incredibly well! Both are well on the way to supplying me with plenty of delicious home grown tomatoes!


When I returned from my vacation I got started right away! I was busy all week planting potatoes, flowers, cucumbers, beets, squash, peppers and herbs. Check out my pretty little sprouts! (don't mind the fly who decided to photo bomb my picture).



I also visited a couple of local green houses and bought another tomato plant, swiss chard, cucumber and flowers!  My yard is already looking lovely and each day I'm excited to run outside and see what new seeds have sprouted!
Just in case you're interested here are some pictures of all my pretty flowers and veggies!!






This next basket is actually salad mix! It has a couple different types of lettuce and some herbs! Too fun!

 Chard is so pretty and so good for you! 

I hope you enjoyed your little tour through my garden! How are your plants coming? Do you plant for looks, for eats or both?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely plant for eat! (And the sweeter the better!) I have a thriving strawberry patch and my raspberry bushes are finally starting to take off. I can't wait till they take over the yard. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Strawberries and raspberries are definitely something I should add to my own garden! Thanks! Flowers are always fun to take pictures of! I'm glad they turned out! :)

      Delete