Tuesday 10 September 2013

Harvest Time

Summer is winding down, I know it makes me sad too... But I hope you had a wonderful season and you were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine as much as possible!!
As summer comes to a close it's time to head back out to the garden and harvest all the goodies that grew throughout the summer!! I didn't plant a ton of stuff this year, just a few of our favorites. But the veggies I did plant grew incredibly well! 



We had a ton of cucumbers! I used this bowl full to make some cucumber salad, greek salad and of course just for munching!



We also had a great crop of cherry tomatoes! I'm not a huge tomato fan (gasp!) I like tomatoes in things like brushetta or pasta sauce or salsa but you will never see me eating a tomato on it's own. However my husband is a big fan of tomatoes so the cherry tomatoes were grown just for him to enjoy! And he has been loving them! Picking handfuls here and there to add to salads or just to munch on for a healthy snack!


And here are my lovely roma tomatoes! These beauties were used for sandwiches, bruschetta and all sorts of fun recipes!!



These are my lovely beets! I was able to make a lovely borscht with them and some potatoes from my garden!


My flowers looked wonderful all summer long as well! Although I did have to be very vigilant in my dead heading!



How did your garden turn out this year? Any of your plants do exceptionally well?

No comments:

Post a Comment