Tuesday 19 November 2013

Christmas Preparations!


Well it's already November, Christmas is right around the corner and its past time to start getting ready for it!!
I have already been working on Christmas for a while, yes I admit it I start my Christmas prep as soon as fall hits!
Part of that is because a lot of my gifts have a homemade element to them but its also because I hate crowds especially when I'm shopping!!
So the gifts are just about done, hurray!! But now its time to start filling my freezer with holiday sweets and baking!!! 
This year my girlfriends and I decided to meet once a week and knock a couple goodies off the list each time! Which is a splendid idea because otherwise I try to do way to much on my own and become very burnt out!
This way I spread out all the baking fun and have time to socialize with my lovely ladies!!
So far we have made some holiday chocolates:



Otherwise known as cuban lunches don't ask me why cause I have no idea.



Next week we'll be making some shortbread cookies. Shortbread is so Christmas to me! Its the only time of year I eat these and I go a little crazy with them!!
Still on the list to make is:
Divine Toffee Square
This is another of my holiday favorites!! I have no idea where it originally came from, possibly one of those company's coming books.... in any case its delicious, decadent and far too addicting.
Marshmallow Roll & Carmel Corn
These are more childhood favorites of mine! And even though I'm all grown up I still reach for it every year!
Ginger Snaps
These are another of my favorite cookies that I only make around Christmas! I don't know why I don't make them more through the year!
We've only just started with all the baking fun and I can't wait to make the rest! We still have a few good baking and cooking weeks ahead of us!!
Remember all this baking can be made into fun gifts for your coworkers, friends and relatives as well as great hostess gifts for all those holiday parties!! 
How's your holiday baking/cooking coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment