Tuesday 26 November 2013

Christmas Themes

My friends and I met again this week to continue our holiday bake-fest. This time we made some shortbread cookies, marshmallow roll and nanaimo bars. (All turned out quite lovely!).
But while we were busy making the goodies the subject of everyone's Christmas decorating came up. It's funny how incredibly personal your decorating choices are!
One of the girls loved warm colors like gold and burgundy.
(This lovely example found here)


Another loved the more cutting edge black white & silver.


(Image found here)

(Image found here)

I have always loved blue! It reminds me of cool winters, icicles and frost! But I was fairly alone on this choice as most thought this color scheme made them feel cold.


My husband is a fan of the traditional green and red, and since this is my second favorite this is the one we went with for our house! 


I don't decorate the house until December 1st but when I'm done I'll make sure to post pictures!
What about you? Do you stick to certain themes or colors when you decorate? Is your tree up and ready or do you wait until a certain date before you decorate as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment