Tuesday 28 January 2014

All the Fun of Meal Planning!

I try not to make New Year's resolutions, if I set anything so specific as a new years resolution I tend to break it and then instead of feeling good I just feel depressed. So instead I try to think of what I'd like to focus on for the year. Then I take steps to address the more general goal!
This year one thing I'm focusing on is healthier eating! We already eat pretty healthy at home but when we're busy we tend to fall on take-out as an ideal bake-up plan. Because of this the goal of healthier eating is essentially less eating out!!
The secret to not eating out for me is actually pretty simple! Meal planning! I know not exactly a state secret but there it is. Simple, easy & effective! We've been doing it for a few weeks now and it has been wonderful!! The best part about it is my husband & I have a week on week off policy so I plan a week & do the cooking and the next week it's his turn!
Can you imagine anything more fabulous? That way neither of us burn out and so far we have taken it upon ourselves to try to wow one another with great healthy meals!! My favorite so far this week?
Prosciutto & Arugala Pizza


Doesn't it look delicious!! And it wasn't even my week to cook!! 
So far I'm loving this New Year's goal!! What about you do you make new year's resolutions? Have you kept them so far??

No comments:

Post a Comment