Tuesday 13 August 2013

It's Time to Start a Brand New Quilt!

When I went shopping for my last quilt's backing (read all about my first quilting adventure here) I actually bought a bunch of fabric to start my next quilt!! But I decided there was no way I could start a new quilt until I finished my first one! Otherwise the first one would never get done and I would start myself on the cycle of forever starting new quilts and leaving half finished projects in my wake!
Well.... I finished my first quilt a few weekes ago!!! Check it out!! Isn't she lovely??



I did actually quilt it myself, very simply. I just did stitch in the ditch which is fancy way of saying I just followed all the seams I already had. Much like tracing a picture. I also did the binding by hand! Any experienced quilter would be able to pick out a few of my mistakes and see that I was quite new at this but I figure practice makes perfect!
So now I get to start another one!!!! And I'm so excited!!!
Here are the fabrics that I picked out on my last shopping expedition!!


Blues and Grays!!





I think it's going to be just lovely when it's finished but I still haven't quite settled on the style of quilt I'm going to do! I'm kind of tempted to do a whole quilt of 9 square patches (something kind of like these) but then I think perhaps I should challenge myself a little more? But I do like the simple repeating design...

What do you think? Nice and simple or look for a challenge??

No comments:

Post a Comment