Tuesday 8 October 2013

A Pot of Pickled Peppers!

Gardening is a wonderful past time, a great way to boost your grocery budget and add a little extra health to your diet! But what do you with all those veggies?? You try to eat as much as you can while it's fresh right out of the garden but invariably there is a ton of produce leftover and the last thing you want is for it to go bad and need to be thrown out before you can use it!

One of my favorite ways to use up all that good grub is to pickle it!! I love home made pickles whether it's pickled cucumbers, carrots, asparagus or hot peppers!! So much fun to make and eat in the cold winter months to come!!

  
I love munching on pickles and pickled carrots!


Pickled asparagus is so nice as a garnish in caesars! They add a nice flavor and are so fun to munch on!



This year I also added pickled jalepenos! Honestly I had some pickled jalepenos on a burger at a restaurant and fell in love! I checked the grocery stores but I couldn't find any! And when you can't find it in the grocery store you either pay through the nose at a specialty shop or you make it yourself!
Guess which way I went with it??


Don't you just love the Rhino? Thanks Target!!
What about you? Are you a fan of pickling? How do you take care of all that lovely garden produce?

No comments:

Post a Comment