Tuesday 29 October 2013

Pumpkin Carving

There are a few Halloween activities that come around every year that I never tire of: Eating a ridiculous amount of candy, carving pumpkins, and watching classic horror movies! 
I have already been busy eating all the candy I bought for the trick or treaters I like to buy a mix of peanut free and regular candy as there are so many children out there with allergies!
We have also been meeting weekly with friends to watch classic horror movies, so far we have watched King Kong, Psycho, The Night of the Living Dead, The House on Haunted Hill, The Mummy and Dracula. 
On top of all these I've been watching extra classic horror movies at home. Including Dial M for Murder, Rosemary's Baby, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein, and Rebecca. So I think I have definitely done the classic horror movie tradition justice!
Last Halloween activity on the list? Carving Pumpkins!!! This past weekend my husband and I finally bought a couple of pumpkins for our front step!



Aren't they lovely?
We won't carve them until Halloween so they are fresh for Halloween night but I have an idea of how I'd like to do mine! My husband is going to a traditional style face but I think I'm going to make mine like this:
(I found this picture on pinterest but it didn't lead anywhere)


Drill different sized holes all over the pumpkin!! Here's hoping it turns out!!
What about you? What are your Halloween traditions? How will you be carving your pumpkins this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment