Tuesday 15 October 2013

The Tastes of Fall

One of the most wonderful parts to fall (besides the changing colors of the leaves and the back to school supplies) is all the flavors! I love the taste of pumpkin and cinnamon! They just seem to epitomize fall.
Fall is the time to bake and cook. The weather is getting cooler and you finally don't mind warming the house up by using the oven!
I love seeing the beautiful bins of pumpkins, apples, sweet potatoes and squash piled high in the grocery store. It's a great time to make soup, bake pies, roast turkey and brew special coffees!

It's a fall tradition in my house as the weather gets colder to do all these things! This year I plan on making a couple of pies, an apple crumble pie and a pumpkin pie. The recipe for the Apple Crumble Pie is here and the recipe for the Pumpkin Pie is here.


Doesn't the pumpkin pie look lovely?? It tasted great too! I plan on making the Apple Crumble Pie later this week! Yum!

I also made some lovely carrot muffins one fine evening and enjoyed amazing breakfasts all week! The house smelt so lovely after I baked them! I used the recipe found here with a few small tweaks!


They were so tasty! And a great way to start your day!

I also found a fun recipe for Pumpkin Spice Lattes made in a slow cooker (found here). I'm going to  make this one when I have company as my husband and I really shouldn't be drinking that much Pumpkin Spice Latte on our own. 
It was Thanks giving here in Canada yesterday, I hope all my fellow Canadians had a wonderful holiday and ate plenty of Turkey!! We definitely did! Look at all this! Isn't it lovely?



What about you? What are some of your fall favorites? Have you been doing much cooking/baking?


No comments:

Post a Comment